Saturday, January 07, 2012

A Quilt for a New Womb-mate

I better get more coffee going, I have to get this thing out sooner than later! The baby arrived a week early and I’m a few weeks behind. Two days before Christmas, Dan and Caroline’s son, Ea was born, You might say they gained  a new womb-mate.

This baby quilt is a hexagonal modular knit made in varying shades of Lang Cashmere Tweed, a very soft, warm cashmere and fine merino blend. I made it a bit larger than infant size, Carrie can use it as a lap warmer as he outgrows it. This would also make a great pillow sham.

At 6 lbs. 12 oz and growing, he's a handsome little guy. Just look at that smile. I think orange will suit him fine. Christmas has passed, the New Year is here, and I'm still picking broken glass ornaments out of my foot. Hang in there kid, Uncle Tony is already half way there.



2 comments:

Rowan said...

A gorgeous heirloom for a gorgeous being.

Unknown said...

I just hope that cat doesn't take a liking to the quilt.