Tuesday, March 08, 2011

Slipped Waffles

Here’s a tasty treat: Slipped Waffle Stitch. this is one of my favorite knit stitches. What I like about this version of a waffle stitch is that it creates a very deeply textured fabric. It works well with most medium or chunky weight yarn.


Gordon K. is wearing one of my Eskimo Pies. I modified the Slipped Waffle Stitch without purls to create a very toothsome sock stitch. I used Cascade 220 and Cascade Eco Yarn.

As with most slipped stitches, it’s very firm and warm on the body. I’ve used this stitch for making hats and bags. Accessories aside, this would make a great man's button-down jacket or coat. Give this swatch the taste test... bon appétit!

Swatch up the Slipped Waffle Stitch

To work flat, cast on 21. Start on the wrong side.
(multiples of 2 + 1)
R01: Purl all.
R02: K1, (k1, slip 1 ) X9, k2.
R03: P1, (k1, slip 1) X9, p2.
R04: k1, (p1, knit 1 through back of loop) X9, p1, k1.
Repeat rows 1 to 4.

To work in the round, cast on 42. Join yarn
R01: Knit all.
R02 : (Slip 1, k1, ) to end.
R03:  (Slip 1, p1) to end.
R04: (Knit 1 through back of loop, p1, ) to end.
Repeat rows 1 to 4.

No comments: