Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Sew What? Baby Blankets, That's What.



The first set of baby blankets for the Afghans for Afghans charity drive are done! I couldn't stay for the sewing party, I had to go to a house warming party in Bushwick, psst... there is no East Williamsburg. Eliza and I sorted over 60 squares by size and then arranged them into blankets by color on her dining table. Dinah, Eliza's cat came out to say hello.



It takes 20 to 25 squares to make a blanket that's roughly 30" by 40". All of these are made of wool and wool/alpaca blends. Aren't these colors stunning?





Everyone really put out their best work. Naomi gave me that last set of 12 crochet squares at Prosect Perk and Eliza got a few in the mail.Isn't it amazing what you can do with your leftover yarn? I like the hippie patch-work appeal. I think Janice Joplin would've loved these. Eliza, Liza, and Liz put everything together and while Dinah oversaw the entire process.



All photos by Eliza Brown

1 comment:

Eliza said...

yay! Yes, Dinah was definitely overseeing things and keeping us entertained. :)